Tar Heel Pundits - Tar Heel born and Tar Heel bred
Tar Heel Pundits
"[A] prolific linker and thinker." - Ed Cone
North Carolina Bar Association's Website of the Week, September 18, 2002
choose a color:
                        random

email: tarheelpundit @ gmail.com

Tuesday, July 30, 2002



Summer in the South

It's incredibly hot here in eastern North Carolina today. The high was 99 with a heat index right now of 100. I'm hoping for an evening thunderstorm, but I don't think it's going to happen tonight. One of the things I love about my family's house is the side porch with the porch swing. Several times this summer I have sat out there with a glass of wine and watched a thunderstorm roll in while I caught up with friends over the phone. There is something clean and refreshing about a thunderstorm, something that relaxes me, and seems to wash away a lot of the daily stress of life...


posted by John Branch @ 7:51 PM


Comments: Post a Comment