Tar Heel Pundits - Tar Heel born and Tar Heel bred
Tar Heel Pundits
"[A] prolific linker and thinker." - Ed Cone
North Carolina Bar Association's Website of the Week, September 18, 2002
choose a color:
                        random

email: tarheelpundit @ gmail.com

Monday, August 26, 2002



Good Law School Advice

Professor Cooper has an excellent post relaying some advice for students starting law school, and I'm probably going to email some of my 1L friends the link to it. Being a 1L was one of the most frustrating experiences I have gone through, yet I can see the effects of it even now when I am beginning my second year. It seems (and those that know better than me please let me know if I am wrong) that going through law school is not necessarily about learning the law. Rather, it is about learning how to think like one. As one of my editors told me, you know you are becoming a lawyer when you realize more and more every day how little you know. No one can ever know the law about everything they will encounter when they practice, so instead law school equips students with the tools they need to become attorneys, including the ability to read, write, research, and most importantly, think and analyze like a lawyer.


posted by John Branch @ 6:09 PM


Comments: Post a Comment