Tar Heel Pundits - Tar Heel born and Tar Heel bred
Tar Heel Pundits
"[A] prolific linker and thinker." - Ed Cone
North Carolina Bar Association's Website of the Week, September 18, 2002
choose a color:
                        random

email: tarheelpundit @ gmail.com

Sunday, August 11, 2002



Sunday Evening Update

It was a wonderful weekend. I was at Atlantic Beach (North Carolina) with my family and my girlfriend, and we had a great time relaxing in the sun, whether it was her laying out and my brother, my father and I fishing, or everyone hanging out on the beach. The weather was perfect for getting sunburned - one of those rare weekends in August when the heat and the humidity were not stifling, but the sun was powerful enough to bake anyone's skin. I caked on sunscreen and was lucky enough to only singe my nose and my shoulders. My brother was not so lucky. He burned most of the top half of his body on Saturday, and will probably be pink for the next week or so. I tried to rent a kiteboard, but was encouraged not to try it yet. When I told the guy at the board shop I did not have much experience handling two line kites, he pretty much told me that I would seriously hurt myself if I tried it. Oh well, at least I didn't end up in the hospital. It was one of those weekends that reminded me that I am truly blessed to have such wonderful people as my family and friends. All in all, it was a great weekend, and I feel refreshed enough to look forward to tackling the challenging weeks ahead.


posted by John Branch @ 11:28 PM


Comments: Post a Comment