Tar Heel Pundits - Tar Heel born and Tar Heel bred
Tar Heel Pundits
"[A] prolific linker and thinker." - Ed Cone
North Carolina Bar Association's Website of the Week, September 18, 2002
choose a color:
                        random

email: tarheelpundit @ gmail.com

Wednesday, July 16, 2003



This is a quote from Begging to Differ, a blog I found via the North State Blogs. Steve followed the sound of sirens to the end of his block, where a van had wrapped itself around a tree. The fire department, medics, and police were there trying to save the person that drove the van.
I don't know if internet file-sharing is bad for recording artists. I don't know if Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. I don't know if the economy is going to improve, and I don't know if Islam is consistent with the principles of democratic liberalism.

I don't know if God exists.

I know the world changes in an instant. I know life is fragile. I know when the unthinkable occurs, squads of policemen and firemen and medics come running from every direction. And I know that strangers pray for each other. If God exists, I thank God for those people.

Thank God for them.
Amen brother.


posted by John Branch @ 8:33 PM


Comments: Post a Comment