Tar Heel Pundits - Tar Heel born and Tar Heel bred
Tar Heel Pundits
"[A] prolific linker and thinker." - Ed Cone
North Carolina Bar Association's Website of the Week, September 18, 2002
choose a color:
                        random

email: tarheelpundit @ gmail.com

Thursday, January 27, 2005

I know who got screwed by the Oscars

I don't typically care about the Oscars (I think the only time I've watched even a part of them was when Billy Crystal was hosting) but Daniel Drezner is right about one important thing in this post. Team America: World Police got screwed by the Academy's failure to nominate it for best song. "Believe" from The Polar Express was nominated? "Believe!?!" You have to be freaking kidding me. How on earth can that song hold a candle to Kim Jong Il singing "I'm so Ronery"? The lead-in to the song was great---you had a feeling in the back of your head it was coming, but when he started singing...

I laughed so hard I cried, as did my girlfriend, and pretty much everyone else in the movie theatre. A song, by an animatronic puppet, that is able to evoke that much emotion deserves an Oscar nomination.


posted by John Branch @ 1:52 PM


Comments: Post a Comment