Tar Heel Pundits - Tar Heel born and Tar Heel bred
Tar Heel Pundits
"[A] prolific linker and thinker." - Ed Cone
North Carolina Bar Association's Website of the Week, September 18, 2002
choose a color:
                        random

email: tarheelpundit @ gmail.com

Monday, May 02, 2005

Oriole Dap

I'm not a bandwagon, fairweather fan. I'm a Cubs fan. I don't particularly care for American League baseball. I cheered on the Red Sox to a degree last season because Red Sox fans and Cubs fans have been in the same boat (the SS Cursed) for so long. Otherwise though, that's it for me and baseball.

That said, it's time I mention the great early season play of former Tar Heel Brian Roberts. (Yes, he graduated from South Carolina, but I can still claim him for his years in Chapel Hill that ended when his father finished his tenure as head man for the baseball Heels.) You've seen the articles in the press, like USA Today last week. Today he was named the AL Player of the Month. Who would have guessed that UNC's Roberts would be garnering such acclaim when he has temmates named Sosa, Tejada, and Palmeiro? Well done, Brian.


posted by Rhodenhiser @ 7:52 PM


Comments: Post a Comment